Status Update

Hey, everyone!  It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?  I’m sure you’re all waiting for an explanation of some sort, aren’t you?  Well, what can I say?  I got too busy to maintain the schedule I wanted, started other projects that demanded a schedule, realized that my grades needed to be a higher priority, and I guess a slightly masochistic blog just kind of wasn’t at the top of my priority list.  However, I do enjoy this blog (well…I enjoy being able to reread it) and never intended to abandon it.

That’s right, after a long hiatus, it’s back.  I don’t know how frequently updates are going to come, but they’re likely going to be very sporadic at this point.  I do have Chapter 8 of Silent Hero complete, as well as Chapter 4 of Fangquest.  I’ll post them both sometime next week.

Just letting you know that this isn’t dead, that I haven’t forgotten it, and that if it does die, I’ll be sure to let you know.

-Andy

Published in: on September 23, 2011 at 12:59 am  Leave a Comment  
Tags: , ,

Welcome to BARF!

Hey, everyone.  If you’re reading this, then you’re obviously going through this blog in chronological order.  Or you’ve just somehow managed to stumble across the site before I get anything up.  Anyway, I’m Andy, and I’ll be reviewing crappy fiction.  I’m not talking about published stuff here.  No, if it’s published, there are always some redeemable qualities to it.  I’m talking more along the lines of fanfiction and self-published novels.  Almost everything I review is available for free viewing/download somewhere or another, so you can read along if you like.  But then again, why would you want to?

I’m sure that some of you have heard of Sturgeon’s Law, which states that 90% of everything is crap.  Often times, it’s added that the remaining 10% is worth dying for.  You will not find that 10% here.  What you will find here is the worst of the worst.  The unimaginative, the poorly handled, the unfunny, and worst of all, the boring.  These stories are not going to be fun to read.  They will be a trial.  But what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger, right?  So let’s dive into the worst of the worst to learn from their mistakes.

Andy

Published in: on January 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm  Leave a Comment  
Tags: , ,